moved

We have moved! The blog, and all it's posts can now be found at mcbabybump3.com. Hop on over and find us there! You can use the search box at the bottom to find all older posts!

28 July 2009

A sign of things to come...

So we were able to go in for another ultrasound yesterday, and J finally got to go! And (for the second time) the tech spent the entire time remarking on what a little stinker our Froggie was being! She spent 45 min trying to the get the pictures she needed, was about to give up, and finally Froggie moved to show us the four-chambered heart- little stubborn one we've got coming! But I guess J and I deserve what we get, right ;)

Here are the photos:


A good profile shot- Froggie is head up, feet down, facing forward out to the world. Froggie now weighs in at 1/2 a pound and is 8-10 inches long. Froggie is already several inches above my belly button, so we should see a lot more outward progress of the belly in the next month!


So for the last week I've been feeling what I suspected was Froggie kicking, but wasn't sure it was a kicks or not. however, we watched Froggie give a VERY strong little kick, so I know for sure now! These are the little feet that have been kicking my bladder!



Waving hello!!

Some fun facts about Froggie's development since the last update:
*is changing cartilage into bone
*is covered in a waxy protection all over the skin
*has unique little fingerprints
*can hear some sound outside the womb now (particularily Mom and Dad's voices)
*can see and react to light
*is lulled to sleep when I move during the day and is most active at night
*has hair on it's head, eyebrows, and eyelashes
*the circumference of Froggie's chest and stomach have caught up to it's head



Froggie is developing well and looked very healthy. All of my (MANY) blood and urine tests have been normal, however during this ultrasound we did find a slight problem.

I currently have a condition called Placenta Previa. This means that the placenta is partially covering the cervix. During the second trimester, about 10% of pregnancy's have this condition. It does not become a real concern unless it does not clear up by the third trimester. At that point in time, the baby weighs enough to cause the placenta to bleed and potentially slip partially out the cervix. The condition ends up affecting about 2% of pregnancy's in the third trimester and always results in bed rest and c-section. You can not deliver naturally with placenta previa. Like I said, at this point in time, I am not at a major risk, however it does mean that I am under more observation. Instead of scheduling another ultrasound for when I am 7 or 8 months along, we are scheduling another one in a month, I will be about 5 1/2 months then.

The way this condition fixes itself depends on how the uterus grows, since the placenta is firmly attached to it. Since Froggie has very little room left in my (very) short abdomen to grow up and will shortly be growing out only, and my placenta is currently anterior (in front of the baby- on the outside of my belly) hopefully Froggie will just push the uterus out and the placenta up! But like I said, we will be checking on it again in a month. The plus side is that we get to see even more pictures of Froggie! :D

And here are a few finished projects for Froggie:


Nursing covers- run about $30 in the store, I made these for $6 each.



And a panel quilt using some helo fabric!

Much love to you all!
J

No comments: